Since 1981, and through the authority of the Martin County Board of County Commissioners, the Martin County Industrial Development Authority (IDA) has helped to finance economic development projects in Martin County, Florida with tax-exempt bonds.
Examples of private activity bonds that can be issued as tax-exempt bonds include:
- Private schools and colleges
- Social services centers
- Tourism facilities
- Solid waste disposal facilities
- Water and sewer facilities
- Exempt facility bonds – airports
- Retirement housing excluding 501(c)(3) housing
Recent Martin County IDA Financings
IDA Board of Directors + Counsel
- Donald Barber
- Jacob Bynum
- Christina Flores
- George Haley
- Brian Powers
- Joan K. Goodrich, Business Development Board of Martin County, Secretary
- Larry Crary, Crary, Buchanan, Legal Counsel
- Michael Wiener, Holland & Knight LLP, Bond Counsel
2019/2020 Meeting Schedule*
- Tuesday, November 12, 2019 (Annual Meeting) – 2:00 p.m.
Wednesday, February 19, 2020 – 2:00 p.m. Wednesday, March 11, 2020 – 2:00 p.m. Wednesday, May 20, 2020 – 2:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 19, 2020 – 2:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 18, 2020 – 2:00 p.m.
*Subject to change with notice. Meetings held at the Airport Maintenance Building Conference Room- 1895 Flying Fortress Lane, Stuart , FL 34996