Since 1981, and through the authority of the Martin County Board of County Commissioners, the Martin County Industrial Development Authority (MCIDA) has helped to finance economic development projects in Martin County, Florida with tax-exempt bonds.
Examples of private activity bonds that can be issued as tax-exempt bonds include:
- Private schools and colleges
- Social services centers
- Tourism facilities
- Solid waste disposal facilities
- Water and sewer facilities
- Exempt facility bonds – airports
- Retirement housing excluding 501(c)(3) housing
Recent Martin County IDA Financings
IDA Board of Directors + Counsel
- Donald Barber
- Jacob Bynum
- Christina Flores
- George Haley
- Brian Powers
- Joan K. Goodrich, Business Development Board of Martin County, Secretary
- Larry Crary, Crary, Buchanan, Legal Counsel
- Michael Wiener, Holland & Knight LLP, Bond Counsel
Tuesday, November 12, 2019 (Annual Meeting) – 2:00 p.m. Wednesday, February 19, 2020 – 2:00 p.m. Wednesday, March 11, 2020 – 2:00 p.m. Wednesday, May 20, 2020 – 2:00 p.m. Thursday, December 17, 2020, 2:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 20, 2021 (Annual Meeting) – 2:00 p.m.
*Subject to change without notice. 10/20/21 Meeting to be held at Blake Library, Room 202 (Trustees Conference Room) 2351 SE Monterey Road, Stuart, FL 34996